Franschhoek Wine Valley exists to:
- Develop and implement marketing plans to profile the Franschhoek Wine Valley
- Arrange and advertise events that support the Franschhoek Wine Valley brand image and which encourage visitors to the Valley
- Represent the business interests of our members to the Stellenbosch Municipality
- Aggregate the combined buying power of our members to leverage economy of scale benefits from service providers
- Coordinate free advisory services and discussion forums to support our member’s businesses
- TripAdvisor’s Travellers’ Choice Awards 2020 - Top 25 Emerging Worldwide Destinations (15th position).
- Tripadvisor Traveller's Choice Destination Winner 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015
- Most Memorable Wine Route 2014, 2013 & 2012
- Service Excellence Award - 2015
- Best Tourism Event 2015 - Franschhoek Bastille Festival
- Best Local Tourism Authority Information service 2013 & 2012
Certain establishments in Franschhoek may levy visitors with voluntary contributions towards the running of the FWV and to support local charities. Should visitors not wish to contribute to these causes, please indicate this to the relevant merchant.
Maintenance & validity of all business operating permits, licences and registration certificates are the responsibility of the business owner. Franschhoek Wine Valley takes no responsibility for the renewal of the required legal business operating documentation.