PORCUPINE RIDGE MTB CHALLENGE
28 January 2017
Bridge House School (start & finish)
The Franschhoek Lions will once again manage the new-revamped Porcupine Ridge MTB Challenge.
All things new for the upcoming event:
- 3 new routesMedium Route – 36 km, jeep track, single track, not overly technical, some challenging downhill’s, must be fit!
- Short Route – 12 km, challenging for the whole family, some single track and one steep’ish hill that may need some walking/pushing and whining!
- Long Route – 54 km, single track, rugged, gnarly downhill’s, steep climbs that stab you in the ribs, water crossing and hiker bike sections. We are bringing the MOUNTAIN back into mountain bike riding!
- Water points – this year more than just water!Naked droërwors, Miss Molly Mossbolletjies, kitchen made fruit gums and some more!
- Neil Jewell from Bread & Wine will be looking after water point two!
- Mechanic at the start and at water point 2.
- Shaun Peters will be our host and commentator for the day.
- Jo Dobinson from Biking in the Bosch is our ambassador for the race and she will be on the course offering encouragement, guidance and skills. As part of our luck draw at the end of the race she will be giving a lucky winner one free skills Coaching session. www.bikinginthebosch.co.za
- For the non-ridersSwimming Pool for all to use with lifeguard on duty
- Jumping castle for the kids.
- First 100 pre entries will each receive a bottle of Porcupine Ridge wines.
- First 250 riders over the line will receive a famous Porcupine T-Shirt.
- Plenty food stalls and funky T-Shirt stalls.
Monies raised from this event are used for “Sight First” The Franschhoek Lions help save eye sights of local farm workers, underprivileged and elderly from within our community by eye screening, eye care and cataract surgeries.
Riders can like and follow us on Facebook on Porcupine Ridge MTB Challenge