The much anticipated launch of the 2017 Platter’s SA Wine Guide took place on Monday, 31 October and once again Franschhoek Vignerons were exemplary ambassadors to the valley. A total of 94 five-star wines, as well as one new five-star brandy, are featured in the 2017 guide.
Five Franschhoek producers were each awarded the prestigious 5-star rating in what has become known as the industry’s go-to-wine guide, with Chamonix receiving three five-star ratings.
The complete list is as follows:
- Chamonix (Chamonix Troika 2014, Chamonix 2015 and Chamonix Reserve 2015)
- DGB (Bellingham Bernard Series Old Vine 2015)
- GlenWood Vineyards (GlenWood Vigneron’s Selection Semillon-Sauvignon Blanc 2015)
- La Motte (La Motte Pierneef Syrah Viognier 2014)
- Môreson (Môreson Mercator Premium 2014)
Mullineux & Leeu Straw Wine 2015 was also awarded as the Dessert Wine of the Year.
For more information, visit http://www.wineonaplatter.com/blog/post/17056;jsessionid=01D79C3F7D338DADE9D11516CD19489C.