Five stars for five Franschhoek wineries in the 2017 Platter SA Wine Guide
The much anticipated launch of the 2017 Platter’s SA Wine Guide took place on Monday, 31 October and once again Franschhoek Vignerons were exemplary ambassadors to the valley. A total of 94 five-star wines, as well as one new five-star brandy, are featured in the 2017 guide.
Five Franschhoek producers were each awarded the prestigious 5-star rating in what has become known as the industry’s go-to-wine guide, with Chamonix receiving three five-star ratings.
The complete list is as follows:
- Chamonix (Chamonix Troika 2014, Chamonix 2015 and Chamonix Reserve 2015)
- DGB (Bellingham Bernard Series Old Vine 2015)
- GlenWood Vineyards (GlenWood Vigneron’s Selection Semillon-Sauvignon Blanc 2015)
- La Motte (La Motte Pierneef Syrah Viognier 2014)
- Môreson (Môreson Mercator Premium 2014)
Mullineux & Leeu Straw Wine 2015 was also awarded as the Dessert Wine of the Year.
For more information, visit http://www.wineonaplatter.com/blog/post/17056;jsessionid=01D79C3F7D338DADE9D11516CD19489C.