Franschhoek Vignerons deliver a stellar performance at the 21st Michelangelo International Wine & Spirits Awards
Attended by members of the wine and media fraternities, the 2017 Michelangelo International Wine & Spirits Awards was the talk of the town on 29 September to see who would walk away with the night’s coveted medals.
Franschhoek’s Vignerons delivered a stellar performance walking away with no less than one Platinum, three Double Gold and eight Gold medals. These were awarded to the following producers:
- La Bri Syrah 2014
- Allée Bleue Pinotage 2015
- Allée Bleue Brut Rosé 2014
- Dieu Donné The Cross Collection Shiraz Viognier 2015
- Allée Bleue Shiraz 2015
- Bellingham Homestead Shiraz 2015
- Cape Chamonix Unwooded Chardonnay 2017
- Dieu Donné Merlot 2015
- GlenWood Grand Duc Noblesse NV
- Grande Provence Shiraz 2014
- Holden Manz Big G Cabernet Sauvignon Cabernet Franc 2013
- La Bri Barrel Select Chardonnay 2016
The annual Michelangelo International Wine & Spirits Awards is regarded as one of SA’s prestigious wine competitions. Wine entries are judged by a panel of highly esteemed local and international wine experts. Representing a total of 22 countries, the judges are hand-picked to exclusively serve on the by-invitation only panel.
These latest accolades reaffirm Franschhoek’s position as one of the country’s leading wine producing regions.