In these turbulent times we find ourselves in why not treat yourself to an all-inclusive winelands getaway, where your weekend has been meticulously planned for you from check in to check out. You’d be forgiven for thinking it’s a dream, but this can be your reality. Franschhoek’s popular Mystery Weekends hold the promise of surprise, relaxation and pure indulgence.
Your all-encompassing weekend includes all that Franschhoek is known for – from luxurious accommodation, award-winning wines, gourmet cuisine and bespoke experiences. Since its inception in 2012 the Mystery Weekends have welcomed more than 2 000 visitors to the region, reaffirming Franschhoek as one of SA’s premier travel destinations.
The Franschhoek Mystery Weekends are ideally suited to couples, seeking time out from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. The allure of the weekend is that you don’t need to book a single thing as it is all taken care of for you.
Your experience starts with an exclusive (and unconventional) check in event planned for all guests. Mingle over a glass of wine before opening your special Mystery Weekend box, which contains all of the exciting details as to where you’ll be staying, where you’ll be dining and what you’ll be experiencing, including a fun and informal evening where you are welcomed to the valley in true Franschhoek fashion.
All COVID-19 protocols will be in place throughout the weekend.
Although most of your weekend is pre-planned there is ample time to enjoy a leisurely stroll through the village to browse the local market, art galleries, artisanal chocolate shops and bespoke boutique ateliers you’re bound to discover.
Choose between two fabulous packages on offer, which are categorized according to their accommodation offerings.
- Ultimate (R8 150 per couple)
The crème de la crème of accommodation in the valley.
- Superior (R5 800 per couple)
Stylish boutique hotels and guest houses.
The cost per couple includes the following:
- Two nights’ accommodation;
- Breakfast daily;
- Dinner on the Friday and Saturday night;
- A light lunch on the Sunday;
- A selection of fun filled bespoke Franschhoek experiences which will be revealed upon your check-in and are guaranteed to be memorable.
The confirmed dates for this year’s Franschhoek Mystery Weekends are
- 30 July – 1 August 2021
- 27 to 29 August 2021
- 10 – 12 September 2021
For bookings or queries please contact Carmen Arendse on firstname.lastname@example.org.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Rates are for two persons sharing per weekend;
- Full payment confirms your booking;
- Not transferable and non-refundable;
- No children or infants allowed.
- Excludes transport and flights.
- Accommodation, meals and activities are not transferable.
- Should the organizers have to cancel the weekend as a result of lockdown restriction levels, guests have the option to have the amount already paid transferred to alternate Franschhoek Mystery Weekend date or request a full refund less an administrative fee of R500.