It’s that time of the year when consumers throughout South Africa are called upon to vote for their favourite in the annual Klink Awards. It’s thanks to the Franschhoek Wine Valley fans that we were able clinch The ‘Happy Times’ Award for the Most Memorable Route for the past three years in a row, and we’re calling on your support again.
This year Franschhoek has once again been nominated as the Most Memorable Wine Route, as well as the Crowd Pleaser award for the annual Franschhoek Cap Classique & Champagne Festival. This year the festival celebrates its 10th anniversary, and over the years has become a social calendar highlight attracting visitors to the area from across South Africa.
Proving that the Valley is diverse in its offerings and a firm favourite we ask that you extend your support for the following members who have also been nominated in their relevant categories:
- Allée Bleue – Family Day Out (Award For Best Child-Friendly Venue On A Wine Farm)
- Backsberg – Tread Gently (Award For Most Green Wine Farm)
- Bellingham – Bernard Premium Lounge – Connoisseur (Award For Best Vintage Tasting Experience)
- Franschhoek Cellar – Family Day Out (Award For Best Child-Friendly Venue On A Wine Farm)
- Franschhoek Wine Tram – Wild Card (Award For Most Unusual Attraction On A Wine Route)
- Leopard’s Leap Culinaria Food and Wine Pairing – Ying & Yang (Award For Best Food And Wine Pairing At The Cellar Door)
- Lust At Vrede En Lust – Beyond Expectations (Award For Great Food And Excellent Wine)
- Pierneef á la Motte – Gourmet (Award for Best Cellar-Door Restaurant)
- The Orchard And Werf Cottages At Boschendal – Country Comfort (Award For Accommodation On A Wine Farm)
- The Owner’s Cottage At Grande Provence – Spoil Me (Award For Best Accommodation On A Wine Farm)
- The Restaurant at Grande Provence – Gourmet (Award for Best Cellar-Door Restaurant)
Voting for the Klink Awards opened on 11 September and will continue until 13 November. Cast your vote at www.klinkawards.co.za.
Franschhoek is a member of the DéliceNetwork of Good Food Cities of the World.
Franschhoek was voted Number 3 in the 2015 TripAdvisor Travellers’ Choice Top 10 Destinations in South Africa.