Welcome to the Winelands Trail family. The Winelands Multi-Trail Access Membership was created by a number of trail park / network managers and owners who have come together and formed a mutual agreement to allow a 1 access membership to all there parks and trail networks. By signing up as a Winelands Trails member, you will become part of a world filled with excitement, fun and community!
This annual membership gives you unlimited use of the following parks and trail networks:
Purchase your Local Winelands Trail permits here
A total of over 450km of trails in some of the best areas and sought after venues in the Western Cape!
We have 2 Time Period options (We do not do monthly or pro rata memberships)
- Full year : 1 January – 31 December
- Half Year : 1 July – 31 December ( from August pro rata would apply , T&C)
- Children (under age of 13) :Full year R400.00 / Half year R300.00
- Students (13-18 years) and Pensioners (60+) :Full year R800.00/ Half year R500.00
- Adults (18 – 60) :Full year R1000.00 / Half year R600.00
- Family Membership (2 Adults and 2 students/kids ) :Full year R2400.00 / Half year R1500.00 (extra children added are R400.00 each)
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- The Winelands Trails Membership runs for 12 months form 1 January – 31 December (of that year) providing acceptance and payment. If you sign up during this term, pro-rata payments may apply and calculated by a Winelands Trails Representative.
- Please allow for 14 days before receiving Membership Board/band. You may use proof of payment (on your phone is fine) as proof of activation until such time as you receive your official board or band.
- This Membership allows for unlimited usage of the above mentioned trails, but please be aware of strict usage hours and conditions which may vary at each trail/venue/park). Each trail/venue/park reserves the right to close the trails for any reasons at their own discretion.
- Usage hours to be noted and strictly adhered to per trail/venue/park :
- Banghoek Conservancy: Sunrise to Sunset Daily
- Boschendal Wine Estate: Sunrise to Sunset Daily
- Paarl Adventure Trails – Rhebokskloof: Sunrise to Sunset Daily
- Paarl Adventure Trails – Spice Route: Sunrise to Sunset Daily
- 2 Link Trails that connect Rhebokskloof and Spice Route via the Paarl Reserve: Sunrise – 18:00 daily
- Paarl Adventure ORANGE Trail ( Trail around Paarl Mountain ): 07:00 – 17:00 daily
- Paarl Adventure Trail – Knus: 08:00 – 17:00 Daily
- Wild Boar Trails – Wellington: Sunrise – 18:00 daily
- Trail usage outside these hours is strictly prohibited. We have worked hard to get the landowners’ permission for land usage and have agreed to the above usage hours. Please respect these hours and the landonwers’ privacy, if not we could lose the right to use their property.
- All Trails/Parks remain independent from each other and have their own rules and conditions. Please ensure that you are familiar with each Trail/Park’s terms and conditions, as well as indemnity before any usage.
- All safety regulations re the COVID-19 virus are to be strictly adhered to . These include wearing a mask , Sanatizing , Social Distancing ( at least 10 Meters ) and any other regulations set up Government , Trail Network or venue.
- If you have a non-member joining you on the trails, they need to register and purchase a day pass at that specific Trail/Park , snapscan or on website . NO EXCEPTIONS – NO PAY, NO USE.
- The following numbers can be used in an emergency at each of the relevant parks – PLEASE SAVE TO YOUR PHONE:
- Paarl Adventure Trails – 0833842976 / 0760225141
- Wild Boar Trails – 0828573180
- Banghoek Conservancy – 0719140664
- Boschendal Wine Estate – 0729251417
- By purchasing this membership, you understand that it is compulsory to download the MY SOS or TRAILFORKS Phones Apps, and make use of it when you use trails. This is for your own safety.
- It is compulsory to ensure your bike board is attached and clearly visible on the front handlebars of your bike at all times. If you are running or hiking, ensure you have your membership band on you at all times too.
- Failure to comply with the above could result in immediate cancelation of membership (non-refundable). We also have arrangements with various event organizers and will black list any perpetrators.
- Included in your membership purchase is a Bike Board (for mtb) OR Member band (for running /walking). If you require both, an extra charge of R100.00 will apply for the additional band/board purchase. Of you loose your member board or band please inform us asap and a cost of R100.00 applicable for a new one
Purchase your Local Winelands Trail permits here
or at our Franschhoek Wine Valley Office
For more details on the Winelands Trails visit www.winelandstrails.com .
LOVE OUR CONTENT?
Get a monthly dose of Franschhoek in your inbox!
FRANSCHHOEK WINE VALLEY EXISTS TO:
Develop and implement marketing plans to profile the Franschhoek Wine Valley
Arrange and advertise events that support the Franschhoek Wine Valley brand image and which encourage visitors to the Valley
Represent the business interests of our members to the Stellenbosch Municipality
Aggregate the combined buying power of our members to leverage economy of scale benefits from service providers
Coordinate free advisory services and discussion forums to support our member’s businesses
TripAdvisor’s Travellers’ Choice Awards
2020 – Top 25 Emerging Worldwide
Destinations (15th position).
Tripadvisor Traveller’s Choice Destination
Winner 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015
Most Memorable Wine Route 2014, 2013
Service Excellence Award – 2015
Best Tourism Event 2015 – Franschhoek
Best Local Tourism Authority Information
service 2013 & 2012
Certain establishments in Franschhoek may levy visitors with voluntary contributions towards the running of the FWV and to support local charities. Should visitors not wish to contribute to these causes, please indicate this to the relevant merchant.
Maintenance & validity of all business operating permits, licences and registration certificates are the responsibility of the business owner. Franschhoek Wine Valley takes no responsibility for the renewal of the required legal business operating documentation
Franschhoek Wine Valley
66B Huguenot Road
Monday to Friday: 08h00 – 17h00
Saturday: 09h00 – 16h00
Sunday: 09h00 – 14h00
+27(0) 66 224 6360