Topiary Wines is a boutique winery situated on the R301, just outside Franschhoek. In August 2014, acclaimed Burgundy and Chassagne-Montrachet Chardonnay producer Philippe Colin became enchanted with the 64¬-hectare farm, and purchased the estate. The landscape surrounding the cellar is dominated by the dramatic Klein Drakenstein mountains. The estate greatly benefits from the surrounding mountain ranges (Hottentots Holland and Simonsberg) which form a wind-generating funnel that cools the vineyards, and results in even ripening and a pronounced elegance in the wines. We produce wines from Chardonnay, Syrah and Cabernet Sauvignon.
Since 2020, we have a new restaurant on the farm, completing our 2 self-catering cottages and our Deluxe Suite. We also host function wedding. We can’t wait to host you on the farm!
Tasting Room Opening Times: Summer season: 08h30 – 17h00 Daily / Winter season: 10h00 – 15h00 Mon to Fri
Restaurant Opening Times (summer season only): 11h00 – 15h00 Mon to Fri
Wines on offer:
– Chardonnay: multi-awarded wooded Chardonnay (94 Tim Atkin MW and 93 Platter’s, gold medals worldwide
– Syrah: modern style, 91 Wine Spectator
– Cabernet Sauvignon: modern style, 4 stars Platter’s
– Innocence: 2017 is the first vintage. Reb blend (Cab/Syrah), 93, 4 starts Platter’s
– Rosé: made from Syrah
– MCC: Few bottles left ! Multi-awarded, 5 stars Platter’s
Tasting: R30 for 3 wines / Cellar Tour: R60